My Family

My Family

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random Thoughts - April 8, 2010

I'm doing a random thoughts day today...

What is up with Blogger and pictures?! Is anyone else having problems with the pictures on their blogs NOT showing up? Geez. Every time I open up one of my blogs, something different is missing. Wonder what's going on.

I've been asked to take a job with a neighbor. I used to spend a lot of time with his wife years ago, when I first moved to Utah. She was my very first new friend here. I'm really excited to have an excuse to spend more time with their family. The job is doing the office work for him - he's a financial adviser I think. He sent me the job description, but it all foreign to me. It makes me think that perhaps I'm not going to do well. But, learning new things is good. I just hope my stupid "chemo brain" doesn't interfere with gaining the knowledge that I need (and retaining it).

Rick and Alexmeister are gone on a bike trip - they are riding on the White Rim Trail (in Moab I think). It's Alex's first big bike trip. I'm a little bit worried about him being able to keep up, because he doesn't really ride a bike that often. However, he is a totally MONSTER when it comes to exercise - he'll probably be fine. Rick, of course, is already a biker, so he'll have a great time. As I was cuddling down under my WARM covers in bed last night, I thought about those two poor freezing guys - they are sleeping in sleeping bags - camping out. I was afraid they would freeze to death, but I haven't heard anything, so I guess they survived the night. What is it about sleeping outside that guys love so much? Personally, if I went my WHOLE life without camping, I'd be happy.

I am going with the board of my new cancer support group today, to check out the conference room of some law offices - they've offered us their room for our meetings. I'm pretty sure we'll take it, since we are totally broke and can't really pick and choose. I think, though, that it's going to be REALLY nice. I can't wait.

Kris and I are getting ready for another childrens' clothing sale. We made about $1400 at the last one, and got a bunch more stuff donated, so we have to price all the new stuff. This next sale is in the South Towne Expo center, so I think we'll sell a TON. Don't think we'll be going to Guatemala this summer, though. Plans have changed. More on that later.

Oh my gosh - it's almost 11:00 and I haven't even showered yet. (Hey - don't even think about laughing - I've exercised, and made myself a good breakfast, AND blogged! So, I'm not as far behind as you think.) I've got tons more random thoughts today, but no time to write them down (or spell-check these).

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys