My Family

My Family

Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Menu Item - Week One

This is a new idea - I'd like to start posting a recipe each Monday. Eventually, I'd love to do a Monday Menu Swap - but for right now, I'll just do it myself.

Recently, I was looking through a fun cookbook, and I found a cool idea - a Fondue dinner! There were three different fondues - one for appetizers, one for the main dish, and one dessert fondue. I'd love to do this with my family - I think the boys would have a great time eating this meal. Here is a cheese fondue that our family has used before - I think it originally came from my sister-in-law, Becca...

PARMESAN CREAM CHEESE FONDUE
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon salt

Add milk to creamed cheese with mixer - heat slowly. Add salt and garlic. Slowly add Parmesan cheese until melted. Thin with milk if necessary. Serve with French bread pieces. (This is also good with lowfat or fat free creamed cheese - just not quite as wonderful!)

If you and your family have a great fondue recipe, please share it in my comments section.

Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys