My Family

My Family

Monday, March 1, 2010

My Happy List

I've been over visiting a blog called Dandelion Wishes - one of my new bloggy friends. I'm featuring HolleeAnn this week on my Incredible Women blog. Yesterday she posted something she calls "My Happy List", and so I thought I'd tell you what's on my happy list this week.

1. Yesterday I had these two over for dinner and homework...

It was fun to hang out with them. We were celebrating Rick's 47th birthday. They made us a "lava" cake. Wow. It was pretty much to die for. Alyx (Grant's girlfriend) used her Pampered Chef Rice Cooker - microwave thingy to cook it in. They mixed together a chocolate cake mix in the cooker thing, and then dumped an entire container of chocolate frosting right in the middle. They put it in the microwave for 8 minutes. After taking it out, they tipped it upside down into a glass dish. The cake was done, and the frosting poured over it like lava. Oh. My. Gosh. Probably my favorite dessert EVER! We had a little bit of peppermint ice cream with it. *Sigh*

2. I'm really happy that my son, Michael... was able to make it home safely yesterday. He went to Logan to see his cute girlfriend, Ashley for a day, and ended up getting food poisoning and being stuck there for 2 1/2 days. I felt so bad for him. But, he got home last night, and went right to bed. I haven't seen him since.

3. My next happy thing is listening to the guitar music my talented sons (Grant and Alex) play. I could sit here and listen FOREVER! They are so good - even better than good, when you consider that they've taught themselves. Never had a lesson.



4. This week is my baby's 13th birthday. My, how time flies. Matthew will be a teenager at last.

No more little kid stuff. It kind of makes me sad, too, though. I miss my babies. Hopefully, I'll get to be a grandma in the future.

5. I'm going on a road trip this week with my sister-in-law, Cindy. We are traveling to Idaho for some work she has to do. So, I get to hang out in the hotel and take advantage of the exercise room, pool, and QUIET time, so that I can blog to my heart's content. SWEET!

6. My last happy thing right now - I just heard from one of my very best friends from my past - Paula!She found me on facebook. We used to live near each other in North Carolina. Our kids played together - Grant and Brittany, and Michael and Brandi. It is so good to hear from her. I LOVE FACEBOOK. But, just because I can find old friends and keep up with everyone. Otherwise, it's kind of annoying. I'm going to have to find some past pictures of Paula and her cute girls for another post.

Oh, and yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of Grant entering the Missionary Training Center on his way to Japan!



Anyway, that's My Happy List for this week. Thanks to HolleeAnn for asking. What about you - what's on your Happy List?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys