My Family

My Family

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I know my craft room is in there somewhere...

Today is the day I start to clean out my craft room. Rick calls it my "Crap" room. He's right - it's full of crap. Whenever someone doesn't know where to put something, it ends up in that room.

When we first moved to this house, I knew I wanted that room in the basement. It's in the back corner of the basement and I had an extra window put in so I could look out into the backyard and watch the kids playing. So, now it's 8 years later (and my kids rarely play in the backyard anymore), and it's still not a finished room. I've got an idea of the kinds of things I want in this room - countertops in an L-shape on two of the walls. A sink. Drawers that are long and flat, to put all of my posters in. A place for all of the wrapping paper and ribbons. A nice workspace in front of the window. Etc, etc. But, before I can have any of this, I have to clean it out. And, to tell you the truth, I don't really do crafts anymore. I just don't have time. So, I'm now in the mood to get rid of stuff, and I started today.

I decided that if I did just one or two boxes (went through them and cleaned them out - storing stuff I want to keep, throwing away stuff that doesn't matter anymore, and giving the rest away) it wouldn't take too long and I wouldn't get worn out and lose interest. I didn't really want to spend the whole day in the basement, so I had Michael bring up two boxes and put them on the floor in the family room. I opened the first one and put on a movie. I worked the rest of the day on that one box. Here are some pictures of what this all looks like right now (10:00 pm). Don't laugh. This might take longer than I thought!



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys