My Family

My Family

Monday, July 4, 2011

Sweet Land of Liberty

Today is the 4th of July, and I sit here watching the mini-series John Adams, based on the book by David McCoullough. I am just amazed at the wonderful men and women who founded this free country.

I love with all my heart the country I am privileged to live in. I am more grateful than I can say, for those brave men and women whose sacrifices allow us to remain free.

Even though our country's problems are great, and I disagree with the leaders at this time, I know that we will be ok. God's mercy and love shines on this country, and always will, as long as we remember God in our lives.

I am often inspired when I read words that have been written about this country. So, I thought I'd share some here...

"If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." -Hamilton Fish

"Where liberty dwells, there is my country." -Benjamin Franklin

"It is the love of country that has lighted and that keeps glowing the holy fire of patriotism." ~J. Horace McFarland

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!" -Thomas Jefferson

"I always consider the settlement of America with reverence and wonder, as the opening of a grand scene and design in providence, for the illumination of the ignorant and the emancipation of the slavish part of mankind all over the earth." -John Adams

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased." - Alexander Hamilton

"It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." -George Washington

Two years ago, I wrote a similar post that included many great quotes about our country. If you'd like to read those quotes, click HERE.

Have a wonderful 4th of July.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys