My Family

My Family

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursday Book Review - THE EYES OF THE DRAGON by Stephen King

Most of you who personally know me, know that I would never read a Stephen King novel. He's too scary and weird. However, last year, while I was recovering from a surgery, I had tons of time to read. Michael's girlfriend, Ashley, sent me a few of her books to read. One of them was THE EYES OF THE DRAGON by Stephen King. Believe me, it sat there forever - because I refused to pick it up. She tried to convince me - "Trust me, it's not like his other books - it's really good". After reading most of the other books she sent me - and realizing that she has REALLY GREAT taste in books - I decided to try reading it. And, you know what? It's a really great book! Seriously. Nothing like any of his other books. I loved it. Last month, my book club (Hi, ladies!) read this book, so, because I remember practically nothing during that crappy time last year, I decided to read it again. Loved it again!

I guess the genre of this book would be Fantasy Fiction. The story takes place in a kingdom called Delain. After the King of Delain dies, the kingdom is in an uproar, as the successor to the throne, Prince Peter, is imprisoned in the Needle - a four-story high tower, and Prince Thomas takes the throne. Could the evil magician, Flagg, have anything to do with the state of affairs, as the kingdom plummets into darkness and despair?!

I love the way that Stephen King becomes a storyteller - literally talking to his readers as if they are present. It's delightful. This is a book for young and old. There are a few descriptive words about body parts and actions in the first 10 pages of the book, but after that, it is a clean read.

Be prepared to be swept into a kingdom of worthy princes, puppet kings, dragons, and wizards... will good triumph over evil? Will all be right with the world again? I'm not telling - you have to read it for yourself!

Illustrations by David Palladini

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys