My Family

My Family

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lake Havasu Show Offs

This week I was traveling home from Arizona with my sister, Kris, and we went through a town called Lake Havasu. We started noticing some really nice boats and soon it became obvious that something must be happening - a boat show, or races, or something. So, we went down to the pier and talked to some people, who told us that the Desert Storm Boat Races were happening in 2 days. We snapped a bunch of pictures and then headed toward Las Vegas and home. At first we loved the boats, we thought they were amazing. But, then, after seeing the people on display - there were topless women and families with young kids, all within a few hundred feet of each other - we started to discuss what a ridiculous amount of money and greed and vanity was on display in Lake Havasu. Quite unbelievable. When you've gone through some of the things I've gone through this last year - a life threatening illness, trouble with finances, having to pay for college and a mission, etc. - you realize how stupid it is for people to think that something like having the greatest boat around is important. Silly, really. I'm grateful that my life doesn't consist of just sitting around on a Thursday afternoon (don't these people have jobs?!) and drinking and partying and showing off. Here some of the pictures we took - you'll see what I mean...



Get a life!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys