My Family

My Family

Monday, December 27, 2010

Tuesday Tales - Memories with Grandma Carolyn

Today is my mother-in-law's 75th birthday. I've been remembering some of the things that have happened in the past with her and my kids. Here's some memories:

When Michael was born, Carolyn and Dick came to visit us in New Jersey. They were so nice to stay with Michael while Rick and I took Granter to the zoo. We both felt bad for Grant - going from an only child to a big brother! It was a fun day.

Once, when they visited us in North Carolina, Rick and I went with Carolyn and Dick to tour Biltmore. It was so much fun spending time with them.

When we lived in Pennsylvania, and Alex was born, they visited again. We drove down to Washington DC and visited all of the cool tourist attractions. I remember walking up to the Lincoln Memorial with them. It was on that trip that Carolyn broke her tooth and we had to find a dentist!

I seem to remember there was an episode with her white pants and an "accident" with one of the babies on the ferry in New Jersey/New Year, but I can't remember the details!

One of the fun times my kids had when they were little was when we went to Knoebles amusement park with Grandma and Grandpa Herron. Alex stood at the top of the bridge above the log ride, and got completely soaked!

Here's one of the fun stories Carolyn shared with me about Rick:
"When Rick and Kara first moved to New Jersey, Rick called me one day and was so excited. He said that they were in New York City and at the top of the Empire State Building. He just wanted to share the adventure with me. He told of all the things he could see from up there. I was very touched that he wanted to share his excitement with me."

I've known Carolyn for more than 28 years, and it's been a privilege being part of her family. She's got wonderful kids, and great grandkids - I'm sure she is proud of the job she has done as matriarch of this family. Happy Birthday Carolyn! We love you!


1 comment:

Stephen and Debbie said...

We love Aunt Carolyn! She is awesome! I have such great memories of being in her home and the amazing family she has raised. Love ya!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys