My Family

My Family

Monday, December 13, 2010

Lots of things have been going on in our family. I haven't posted for quite awhile!

Recently, I worked with the Four of Hearts to have a sale to earn money that we can use to provide Christmas for 10 families. The sale didn't go as well as we'd hoped, but we are still going to try to help all 10 families.



I just had the Sister Survivors Breast Cancer group Christmas party at my house last Thursday. It was so much fun! Really enjoyed the evening.


Almost everyone in my family has been sick... me, Michael, Alex, and now Matthew. We've got this crazy cold/flu thing that's been going around. Wish we could just get better.

Grant was in an accident on Saturday! Someone rear-ended the car behind him, and they were too close to him, and slammed right into his car! Such a bummer. It's probably going to be totaled by the insurance company. I'm sad for him - he loves his car.


I've been reading the Pendragon books this last 2 months. There are 10 in the series. Amazing books! Michael was ready them too - he finished the last one just a few days before I did. I'll do a book review on them soon.


Rick got me a Nook from Barnes and Noble for Christmas. It's kind of like a Kindle - an electronic book reader. It's so cool!


We got our decorating done for Christmas. The 12 foot tree is up for the first time in 4 years. The kids helped, and that made things so much easier. I got 2 smaller trees to go in the arches leading into my family room. All in all, I decorated 5 trees in my house this year. I love Christmas.

Rick just got back from a business trip. He was originally scheduled to go from the 12th to the 23rd, but had to go somewhere else last week. So, his boss said he doesn't have to go for the rest of the month. This is a good thing! He would have missed our 25th anniversary on the 17th!

We finally got a new back door. The one we've had for 10 years has been falling apart for 3 or 4 years. So, now we have one that has blinds inside of the window. It's pretty cool.

Well, that's all for now. One of my goals for the coming year is to keep this blog updated. I've been spending time each day updating my Sister Survivors Breast Cancer Support group blog, so this one has kind of suffered. And my Incredible Women blog has suffered even more. I'm just trying to fit too much into my schedule.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on fitting too much into one life, Kara! How can I help your 10 families? Do you have a paypal that allows for donations? I've found myself running a non-profit foundation to raise funds for a family whose 12-year old son is really sick, and I know how disheartening it can be when you really work hard for something good and you don't get the results you'd like. You're a great person; go easy on yourself and allow your Ex. Women blog a hiatus!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys