My Family

My Family

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Random Stuff...

Today I went to the salon and had my hair styled. For the first time in a year. That's right - I now have just barely enough hair to style.



I have a huge box of plums sitting on my counter. My kitchen table is full of small plastic containers and MCP Pectin. Can you guess what I'll be doing all day tomorrow? That's right - by the end of tomorrow, instead of all that stuff, I'll have 100 containers of plum freezer jam sitting on the counter. Mmmmmm!


Alex is getting closer to his deadline on the research paper he's trying to finish. I hate research papers. Guess I know what we'll all be worrying about this weekend.


My office is a mess. I really need to clean it up. It seems like this happens about 3 or 4 times a week. One day it looks great, and the next day it's messy. How can one person cause such chaos?


Today is the first day of Breast Cancer Awareness month. One year ago in October I had a bi-lateral mastectomy. In the middle of Breast Cancer Awareness month. How ironic. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!


I've got to go sit down and finish my book - The Last Symbol (or is it the LOST symbol? I can't remember). It's Dan Brown's new book. It's pretty good.


Ever have one of those days when you are just plain tired of trying to make your business work? Me, too.


I need a vacation. Wonder if I can scrounge up enough money to go somewhere for the weekend soon? I was supposed to go to Arizona for 8 days with my parents this week. I got sick. Figures.


It's Fall. Time passes way too fast. I love Fall, but it makes me sad that Winter is just around the corner. Fall means cool nights, beautiful colors, and FOOTBALL. Winter means cold (brrrrr), slush, snow, and cold. Yuck. But, it also means Christmas, so maybe it's ok that the seasons are changing.


Made the yummiest dinner tonight - BBQ chicken on the grill (cooked to perfection!), pesto pasta (say that 5 times fast), corn, and garlic bread. Yum.


I'm working on making books for Christmas gifts - I'm buried under an avalanche of pictures. Memories are thick around me.


It's getting late, so this random sampler is coming to a close. Oh, did I mention that I got my hair styled today?


HAIR. *sigh* HAIR. Mmmmm... HAIR. YES! Hair... Hair. :-)


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys