My Family

My Family

Friday, November 21, 2008

Want An Idea For An Incredible Christmas Gift? Read On...

I'm sitting here working on my Christmas gifts - books made at Cherish Bound - and thought I'd post something about this great company I work for. I LOVE this company. Cherish Bound is the reason I decided to start a blog. Everyone has 1000s of stories and we all want to be remembered when we are no longer here. Cherish Bound can help! Cherish Bound is a home-based business with consultants who can help you find, capture, and share your important stories. We have a full line of story "helps", including Story Starters (books with tons of questions to get your mind moving), Chat Cards, Dailies (journaling pages), Lifeprints (pages to help gather information from others), and lots more. We have so many wonderful products! To see the full line, go to www.cherishbound.com, and look under Products. Cherish Bound also has an online publishing tool (no cost to use - nothing to "sign up" for). It's the easiest online tool I've ever used. And I love how Cherish Bound helps me focus on making my memory books simple and beautiful - real heirloom quality. But, these books are so much more than picture books. Focusing on stories in your books will make them a cherished gift for your family.


So, since Christmas is coming up FAST, and our books are SO EASY and FAST to make, I thought I'd give you an idea for a fun gift for your kids: last year, for Valentine Day, I decided to make a small (5x7) book for each of my kids. It would include Mom's Top Ten Favorite Photos of (kid's name). Cherish Bound has this adorable Top Ten book that I thought would be perfect! So I got my HUGE box of pictures out and started to go through them. My only problem was that I couldn't choose just ten pictures for each of my kids! I ended up with about 30 pictures each! So, I decided to design my own book instead of using the Top Ten book. I made the covers red (for Valentine's day - but that could be fine for Christmas as well!). On the front covers I put the cutest picture I could find for each child. Alex's was a picture of him dressed in pajamas and a Batman cape, with a binky stuck in his mouth, Michael's was a great picture of him in Ronald McDonald pjs and a huge grin, and Matthew's was a picture of him helping me string lights on a tree at Christmas time. No smile, just a sweet, serious baby look. We had family pictures taken the year before, when Grant left for his mission, and at that time I had a picture taken individually with each of my kids. These pictures went on the back of each of their books, with a "love" note from mom. These books were so much fun to make. It took perhaps 1/2 hour to scan all of the pictures into my computer, another 1/2 hour to throw the pics into the publishing tool and place them. And then another 1/2 hour to go through and add stories that the pictures reminded me of. Not long at all!


My boss, Carol, told me to be prepared - the kids will says "Thanks, Mom" and flip through the book fast and then put them away. But, she said that if I went up to their rooms later, I'd find them looking through the books more carefully. She was kind of right. I had the books laying out on the table, with candy and balloons attached, when they got home from school. I gave them the gifts. Each one of them sat down, right there, and poured over every picture, every story, the whole book! They laughed their heads off at the funny pictures that I loved. After reading about the story of a surgery he had, Matthew said, "Mom, you never told me it was called that!" The whole experience was so incredible. Photos and memories are much more important in a child's life - or an adult's life for that matter - than anything else. The fact that someone remembers enough and cares enough to put everything down into a beautifully bound book that will last forever - that's a priceless gift.


So, go look through those memories - and call me. I'd love to help get you started. The deadline for Christmas delivery is coming up very soon, but it doesn't take long to make a small, simple, wonderful book. So, don't let that stop you. Our prices here at Cherish Bound are about 30% cheaper than anywhere else, and our quality is 100% better. You'll love your books. These little books make great stocking stuffers. You might not even make it to opening the rest of your presents! Haha!


Email me at kara@cherishbound.com or call me at 801-360-4666. Don't let this opportunity to give the perfect gift get away. Do it now! Record some magical story moments!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

My Gorgeous Boys

My Gorgeous Boys